Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I wanna cuddle

I have a blessing and a cursing. My girls love to cuddle...all the time. This is great in the morning when I'm not ready to get up and they come into bed and cuddle. This is great at night when I have nothing more to do and we can read a book and then cuddle off to sleep. It's not so great in the afternoon when I'm trying to clean, do laundry or some other activity that actually requires me to move. You see my girls have a very unique way of cuddling that totally disables the participant. Vivienne from a very young age has to have a hand up your sleeve. Beatrice needs to be touching your neck. I can't do a thing when my girls are cuddling. I can't read. I can't knit. I can't even talk on the phone. It drives me a little crazy if I'm sitting there thinking of things that I need to get done but I'm trapped by two cuddlers. Even as I write this Bebe follows Will around the house chanting "i wanna cuddle". It's 10:30 in the morning. Go play. I suppose I should be happy that I can snuggle with my babies but sometimes it's just not going to happen. It does make me wonder though what disabling quirk Phoebe will come up with. So far she just likes it when you hold her hand.

Phoebe is funny though. She will not be labeled or pigeon-holed into any one thing. I thought she would suck her thumb. She did when she was 3 days old. She seems to like the two middle fingers the best. She won't pick a hand though. She won't even consistently pick the same fingers....sometimes it the index and middle...sometimes it's the ring and middle....occasionally she will even put her thumb in for good measure. She has times when she will try to get all her fingers in and days when only a pacifier will do. She does keep me guessing but through it all she becomes contented so quickly and is so happy when you guess right. I love that about her.

No comments: